8 Ways to Tap Into Your Feminine Pink Power
Photo credit: Pam & Tom Holmes
“Trusting our intuition often saves us from disaster.” – Anne Wilson Schaef
I love the color pink, always have. My life began in pink when I was wrapped in a pink blanket almost half a century ago (I still have it). In my childhood, I sold pink lemonade, ate pink cotton candy and played in my pink room. Pink sunsets are awe-inspiring and remind me of the presence of God and the infinite possibilities in this world. I am happy wearing my soft, pink cashmere sweater as I write this post, and am considering purchasing my new laptop in pink because it made me smile when I saw it at the store.
The color of pink has a long history for many people. More recently, it has come to be associated with breast cancer awareness and the importance of compassion, courage and gratitude for life. But more than that, to me, the color pink represents the depth of the feminine senses and power of intuition.
So, how do you tap into your “pink” softer, feminine side and still remain effective in the “navy blue” masculine world of achieving, doing and accomplishing?
I believe you can connect to your femininity by first honoring your senses on a continual basis. The five senses of seeing, hearing, touching, tasting and smelling will help you to tap into your feelings, your thoughts and your emotions. Delighting in your senses will create the awareness of what is right for you.
When you have a keen perception of your initial five senses, you can then awaken your sixth sense, also known as intuition. This powerful intuition is an inner knowing, a small voice inside that allows you to know the truth before you reveal it to the outside world. It is your gut feeling, a place of peace, a sense of harmony and an all-knowing self-trust. Women are often credited with having better instincts, a very feminine trait. Yet, I think everyone can cultivate it. So, use your intuition… it is the height of your feminine power and wisdom.
8 Ways to Tap Fully Into Your Feminine Power:
- Savor “The Five Senses” Find your passions that ignite and expand what you see, hear, touch, taste, and smell. It will set your moods.
- Develop Your “Sixth” Sense, Your Intuition Meditate, journal and get quiet. “Listen” to what is revealed. Only you know what is true and right for you.
- Embrace Your Feminine Power Love yourself and celebrate your successes.
- Schedule White Spaces on Your Calendar Give yourself time to think, daydream, ponder, read, write… all without speaking or being spoken to. Become conscious and aware.
- Design Your Sensual Surroundings Find a place of your own that is just for you, where you feel safe, womanly and exquisite.
- Let Nature Be Your Guide Go outside and observe. Breathe and smell the fresh air. Choose the scenic routes.
- Live Your Life in Color Use your favorite colors, the ones that truly reflect you and create the impact you want to make.
- Wear Divinely Feminine Clothes Embrace any textile that makes you feel good. Wear dresses and skirts. Adorn with jewelry and scarves. Use make-up. AND stop wearing only black!
Let your senses ignite your soul and amplify your overall happiness and pleasure in all of the areas of your life. Begin by putting your heart, mind, body and soul into the small acts of everyday, so they can make up your big ideal life. Engage all the sensations of seeing beauty, tasting sweetness, hearing laughter, touching softness, and smelling aromas. And above all, listen to what is revealed about the poetry of your life through your intuition. It is your true divine power.
Coaching Questions to Embrace Your Feminine Power:
1. Are you living in a way that is deeply satisfying and truly expresses you and your soul? Be sure you are living YOUR life.
2. When you want blissful solitude, what are your uninterrupted escapes that allow you to feel happy and peaceful?
3. What does it feel like to be awed?
4. What would it look like to land softer in your life? In other words, what if IT were easy, light and playful?
5. How do your physical spaces and environment impact you and how you feel? What colors do you want to see more of? Perhaps, more pink?
Ready to start living an amazingly authentic life?
Join my e-mail list for with tips on living your truest, most passionate you.