Capture the Extraordinary, not the Ordinary… Your Aha Moments
Photo credit: hehaden
“There is more in us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps, for the rest of our lives, we will be unwilling to settle for less.” – Kurt Hahn
Embracing the Aha’s of life… I love the subject of discovering revelations, witnessing turning points, capturing ultimate creativity and seeing the shift in real time as it occurs in people’s lives. After all, as a Life Coach, I am privy to amazing “aha” moments, big and small, each and every day— mine, friends, clients— and I see magic take hold as the miracles occur. So, I thought this subject would be easy to write about. But when it came down to actually putting on paper what I believe to be important, it became rather challenging. How do you explain these amazing events, the marvel…the wonder…the awe…. the vision?
I started thinking about the many times I have seen my clients “get it,” as well as had my own experiences with growth and evolvement, and I realized that there are consistencies with the “what,” “when” and “how” these revelations occur. These moments of clarity can be about yourself, anything or any situation. For instance, many times the extraordinary is found in the ordinary moments of life. Have you ever had the perfect idea come to you when you are driving, showering, cleaning or exercising? I call these moments “out of mind” experiences. When you let go, relax and stop thinking about it, sometimes the answers come quickly.
Another way the light bulb goes off is by getting quiet through meditation, resting, journaling and listening to the small voice inside. Thomas Edison said, “When you become quiet, it just dawns on you.” This intuition is the part of self that knows the inner truth.
When I attended my first life coaching training almost 16 years ago, one of the first things I learned is that everyone is “creative, resourceful and whole; and they have their answers inside themselves.” I understood that people were fully capable but what I did not recognize at the time is how powerful and provocative tapping into one’s inner source could be in realizing the important matters of life. There is unlimited power and potential in realizing one’s own destiny, rather than having someone else tell you what to do or how to be.
So, when does the desire to do it differently and go into the unknown become more compelling than staying stuck and reaping the same results? What makes someone want to search for new answers and make sustainable life changes? I believe either the pain becomes too great that the payoff no longer has value… or the vision becomes so clear that you can no longer ignore it. And sometimes, the combination of both fear and foresight gets someone moving.
No matter what your reason is for change, what is important is that you do not stay stagnate, sell yourself short or allow your blocks to hold you back. Be true to yourself and find your enlightened path by tapping into your values, vision and purpose. Become aware of your desires, accept all aspects of yourself and take action to revitalize your life. Start asking the right questions so that you will know what is best for you. Let’s get started….
Powerful Coaching Questions to Help You Reach Your “Aha” Moments
Self-discovery is an enlightening process; and you can excavate your true desires, core beliefs and best course of action by going within and getting truly curious. From the list below, I suggest choosing the questions that best speak to you in each progressive area of Awareness, Acceptance and Action. You are powerful, innovative, all knowing and imaginative and I believe your answers are within yourself. So get started. Ask yourself what you REALLY want, accept your current circumstances and then find fearless fierceness and bold courage to move forward.
- Are you living in a way that is deeply satisfying and truly expresses you and your soul?
- When was the last time you experienced true wonder? Describe the peak experiences that have made you the happiest, and look for any common themes.
- What do you want more of?
- What is enticing and tantalizing enough to take big risks for your own happiness?
- When you want blissful solitude, what are your uninterrupted escapes that allow you to feel happy and peaceful?
- What does it feel like to be awed?
- What is the ONE thing you always think of that makes you smile?
- Do you live from the inside out, or outside in?
- What inspires you?
- What is it to be generous with yourself?
- What is it to have a full, rich life?
- What thrills you?
- Who are you becoming?
- How have you withheld yourself from life?
- How can you be extraordinary now?
- Define what you want, now and later. Do you have an inspiring life vision that includes, fun, happiness and meaning?
- What does your heart say?
- How do you want to transcend?
- Where can you find magic in your life everyday?
- What have you built and what is your legacy?
- Get clear… are your goals compelling enough to take bold action? Will they create stunning success and marvelous joy?
- What are you giving up by not taking inspired action NOW?
- Will doing THIS bring you joy?
- Describe your perfect day, week or month.
- What could the best possible future look like?
- If everything is possible, what is the next step towards achieving your dreams?
- Powerfully interpret your current situation, and decide what you are going to do to “get going?” If you were at your best, what would you do next, and go do that.
- What do you want to complete?
When you begin to recognize the things in your life that inspire you and release what is not working, then you will begin to move more rapidly toward those surprising moments. By using your intuitive intelligence, creative thinking and rational reasoning, you will open yourself to sudden moments of understanding, clearer paths and your deepest desires realized. Listen up and capture the extraordinary… your Aha moments await.
Ready to start living an amazingly authentic life?
Join my e-mail list for with tips on living your truest, most passionate you.