Take a Chance on YOU
Photo credit: Nickolai Kashirin
“If you risk nothing, then you risk everything.” – Geena Davis
Taking chances in life is often equated with taking risks, being reckless or rolling the dice, like it is a game to be played. Being successful by taking a chance is often considered a 50/50 probability of something working out the right way, based on the favor or dependency of others, being in the “right” circumstances, having good luck, fate or the generosity of the “Universe” or God, along with a good plan and lots of hard work. It takes struggling through, being brave, taking courageous steps and finally taking the leap.
Getting to the point of finally making decisions, much less taking action, can be so hard. Yet, I believe it can be made easier by starting with YOU: what you believe in and determining what the next right thing is for you, and not basing it on the opinions of others.
What if taking a chance can be seen as an opportunity for authenticity and full permission to live in complete integrity by being who you are supposed to be and doing what you are meant to do? Ask yourself, “What do I want?”
Taking a chance on yourself based on knowing a clear path to success and embracing expansive opportunities rather than reckless risks is about saying yes to you first… opening yourself up to the adventure of your life, thinking bigger and following the openings that are presented. It is acting with clarity, self-confidence, faith and a knowingness of doing the right thing for the right reasons despite the fears that inevitably arise.
When you take a genuine chance, you can ignite the feeling of freedom within yourself and reveal the opportunity to recreate and claim who you really are. Perhaps the “shortcut” to success is getting out of your own way, giving up the illusion of being in control, giving up what others think about you and letting go of fear as much as possible.
The process of Life Coaching is about moving you forward in any area of your life. From career and relationship changes to simply having more fun and creativity, my job as a Life Coach is to help you determine what you want and then look for what keeps you from actually being able to achieve your dreams.
My clients are willing to take chances on themselves only after understanding what is important to them, creating a sense of balance, naming fears and then believing that they deserve to receive all the happiness and blessings in the world. You have to get out of your own way, face your fears and do it anyway. Only then can you take steps to move forward and take a real gamble on believing in yourself.
Here are some thoughts on how to get out of your own way and let go:
Take a Chance on Yourself by…
- Being real.
- Deciding what would bring you the most joy.
- Getting out of the box.
- Creating a new life to go toward.
- Expressing your true feelings.
- Following your heart, not your head.
- Walking through your fears.
- Saying what you think and want.
- Letting go.
- Asking for help.
- Breaking a self-imposed rule when it no longer serves you.
- Acting on full faith.
- Practicing forgiveness.
- Experiencing and loving someone who seems unlikely.
- Releasing the outcomes.
- Trusting it will work out.
- Being wildly happy.
- Giving up the old for the new.
- Listening to your inner voice.
- Wanting more for others than for yourself (it comes back to you!).
- Failing and starting over, if needed.
Take a chance on you, your values, your abilities and not the opinions of others. Search your soul and do what feels right for you… deeply trust that you will not betray yourself if you are in integrity with yourself, others and your faith. And always, always, always… follow your heart.
Coaching Questions to Put You First:
1. Start acting today based on who you want to be tomorrow… how can you be extraordinary now?
2. What is the difference between being selfish and being responsible to yourself?
3. What is creating your reality today… reflecting on your past or looking to your future? How is your fear paralyzing you? List EVERYTHING that scares you and ask yourself if it is really true or not.
4. What are you giving up by not taking inspired action NOW? There is no time to waste.
Ready to start living an amazingly authentic life?
Join my e-mail list for with tips on living your truest, most passionate you.