Photo credit: kanonn
Where do you live? What occupies your mind and what do you think about most of the time? Are your thoughts positive and filled with hopes, wishes and dreams – or do you live with fear, doubt, anxiety and pessimism? Do you consider what’s possible for you, your family and your future? Or is it just “wishful thinking,” with no real conviction or the assurance of a positive result?
There is a belief in the metaphysical world that there are unlimited possibilities in the physical world. There is enough for everyone, and that to attain success, you must start with that premise.
I know that as a coach, I have held this perspective since I started my business more than a decade ago… that there are enough clients for every coach who shows up, does great work and wants it. It is one of the reasons why I do not see other coaches as competition, but rather as colleagues, all doing important work to make a positive impact in the world. After all, I could not coach everyone, and quite frankly, am not the right coach for everyone. I am, however, a fantastic coach for someone who truly desires forward movement and wants to be inspired and create sustainable change in his or her life.
I believe there are unlimited possibilities in what I can co-create with my clients and Excavive products. I have to believe in myself, my value in the world and the desired outcomes I want for my life to turn possibility into reality.
Imagine that the Universe is one giant mirror and it says yes to everything – every time you stay positive, you activate the energy around you to support what you are creating. And every time you doubt, you backslide into the reality of staying exactly where you are, or worse, fall further behind.
The power of this positive and negative energy is alive and real. Think about when you begin your day in a good mood, and then as the day continues, you are with people who are having a tough day; ranting about the state of the economy or political landscape; or sharing their own personal challenges that never seem to get better. Do you notice how your mood changes, your joy diminishes and you are left wondering what happened to your light?
Consider the sources – people feed on negativity, and the media favors the doom and gloom. Our minds are filled with the “what ifs” of life, and we are programmed to expect the worst. No wonder it is difficult to keep your momentum and uphold your ideals. I ask you, is this type of thinking really helpful?
I am not suggesting you put your head in the sand or that you do not have compassion and empathy for others. I am asking you to take responsibility for the energies that impact you. Stop giving away your vitality to others and choose who and what gets in. Be accountable for what you want to create, believe in and endorse. Protect your own energy, and reject the naysayers of the world.
Look into your heart and ask yourself what is possible for your life. Close your eyes, get quiet and still… what do you see or hear for yourself? What is your life purpose, and how do you want to fulfill that potential? Get clear on what you truly desire. Determine what is attainable and begin to take action that supports your intentions.
Do something, anything, towards what is possible. If you claim your dream and it does not happen, power on and keep the faith. Living in possibility means persevering, staying on task, not giving up on your goals and continuing to show up until something different presents itself.
Consider the statement, “THIS or something better.” I will hold this possibility until I either accomplish it, or am inspired to reach for a better vision. Consider the wisdom from these leaders…
- American industrialist Henry Ford stated, “Whether you believe you can or whether you believe you can’t, you are probably right.”
- American author Napoleon Hill wrote, “What you believe and conceive you can achieve.”
- First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt said, “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
Isn’t it time you pay attention to your dreams, conceive your next biggest goal and go after it? Imagine all you want for your life… all that is within reach and within the bounds of possibility.
Suggestions for Activating Unlimited Possibility:
- Daydream, imagine and fantasize often.
- Heal and truly let go of the past.
- Be willing to be open, change, grow and evolve.
- Refute smallness, think big.
- Make positivity part of who you are.
- Eliminate any negative energy and influences, including the media, “energy vampires” and bad memories.
- Eradicate fear, limiting beliefs and old stories.
- Gather evidence of the good that exists in your life.
- Replace doubt with certainty.
- Believe 100%, down to your bones, in every cell of your body.
- Get outside of yourself and have compassion for others.
- Don’t be limited by your own thinking.
- Risk failing.
- Value yourself and what you are creating in the world.
- Take action steps that are aligned with your goals.
- Create experiences that support your wishes.
- Be scared, take a deep breath and do it anyway.
- Be grateful, gracious and worthy.
German poet Johann Wolfgang von Goethe wrote, “What you can do, or dream you can do, begin it; boldness has genius, power and magic in it.” I hope that you will exert the magic of possibilities in your life and realize the inevitable power in creating your reality.
A Coaching Exercise to Make Your Dreams a Reality:
To manifest your dreams, it is important to get clear about what you really want. You will need a pen and paper for this exercise. I suggest a small journal you can carry with you, to continue recording your thoughts, as well as to review your ideas on a consistent basis.
1. Spend 15 minutes every day thinking about your highest hopes. What do you want for yourself and for others?
2. Commit to your highest well being and refute negativity on a daily basis.
3. Replace limiting logic and beliefs with empowering knowing and ideas. Think about the positive outcomes, not negative shortcomings. What are your clear goals based on your deepest desired outcomes? Write these down.
4. Eliminate anything that does not support your destiny, especially energy drains.
4. Get BOLD. Get FOCUSED. Get DETERMINED. Be CERTAIN. Become UNSTOPPABLE.
5. Think about the happiest times in your life. Where have you created success? What courageous choices did you make to support your cause? What feelings were present? Write down your perceptions. Access these affirmative emotions as often as possible.
6. Now, link your dreams with your feelings. Evoke the emotions, and then make your list of possibilities. Declare these by creating “It is possible that…” statements.
7. Next, work towards your dreams by creating an Inspired Action Item list. Will these steps move you towards your future desires OR keep you stuck in your present circumstances?
8. Choose every day to move into possibility with both your thoughts and actions. Read your affirmations every morning and evening, and believe it to be so.
Ready to start living an amazingly authentic life?
Join my e-mail list for with tips on living your truest, most passionate you.